To know about Distant Worlds I invite you to read an article I did a year ago: “Distant Worlds – A new Real-time, 4X Space Strategy Game“.
Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi
In Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi an evil race from another galaxy called the Shakturi is unleashed and seeks destruction. Your mission, in case you accept it, is to spoil their plans (does all this sounds familiar? – Yes, its a bit like the Antarans story in Master of Orion 2).
Besides including the Shakturi race this DW expansion adds two new alien races and a completely new and comprehensive research system (reminds me of Galciv2) with new techs and options such as fighters, bombers, missiles, Ion weapons, planetary facilities and regional capitols.
Return of the Shakturi also provides some interface improvements to provide quicker access to everything in your empire:
- Action Buttons for one-click access to common tasks
- Enemy Targets list showing all known enemy threats
- Build Orders to mass-produce groups of new ships in one simple step
To play Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi you need the original full version of Distant Worlds. Sorry guys, Matrix Games does not provides a Distant World demo (I wonder why).
Official TrailerSubscribe RSS
- Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi Gets a Major Update
- Matrix Games Holiday Sales – Distant Worlds Series At 36% off
- Distant Worlds Legends: New Gameplay and Features Preview Video
- Distant Worlds: Legends New Patch and Series now 33% off
- Distant Worlds Giveaway Contest! [RESULTS]