We reached the end of Q1 2011 and still there is no Empire of the Eclipse.
Empire of the Eclipse is a 4x online real-time strategy game designed for Apple’s iOS family of devices (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
Zarksoft Games has decided to delay the game in what they say “we think (the delay) it’s definitely for a good cause (…) the game is simply huge and we’re doing our best to make sure that everything gets properly tested before launch“.
Zarksoft is still working on the battle aspects of the game, that as they explained will delay a bit more the game release than they expected.
EotE release is delayed to an undetermined date, but Zarksoft Games promised “we’ll definitely be out this summer“.
Below you can watch a brief video showing where combat is headed.
For more information on Empire of the Eclipse have a look at my EotE announcement article. I recommend also that you check an interview I did with Lee Dotson, President of ZarkSoft Games. For a glimpse on EotE gameplay have a look here.
Well, moving EotE from the “coming section” to the “under development” section :)Subscribe RSS
- Empire of the Eclipse: iPhone Gameplay Video Show Off at GDC
- Empire of the Eclipse has been Approved by Apple!
- Empire of the Eclipse: Sign-up For Beta Round 2 Started
- Zarksoft Games Announces Empire of the Eclipse – MMO Strategy Game for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Empire of the Eclipse Review