One more space game just got released! Black Lab Games, an Australian game development studio has just released Star Hammer Tactics, a new space turn-based tactics game for the iPad today.
- Battle your friends for supremacy in pass-the-pad skirmish mode. Launch missiles from afar or close in for ship-to-alien melees.
- Turn-based tactical battles between the Alliance forces of Novus and the mysterious Nautilid invaders.
- Epic campaign story specifically crafted for the iPad release.
- Hotseat multiplayer. Skirmish mode gets you to design your own fleet and jump straight into the battle against a friend or a challenging AI.
- Sci-Fi setting. Explore the universe of Star Hammer with the encyclopaedic data archives. Get the facts and history about Novus, and find clues on how to defeat the Nautilid swarm.
- Achievements and Leaderboards to prove you are the Alliance’s greatest commander.
For more information on Star Hammer Tactics I invite you to read the Star Hammer Tactics exclusive preview article. Preview’s bottom line:
«If you’re looking for a quick space tactical game where you don’t have to read a WIKI to learn how to play, then definitely look for this come early November. (Space Sector: Kyle Rees “Lordxorn”)»
Star Hammer Tactics is available at the App Store for free! With that, and according with what the devs state in the game’s App Store page, you can experience unlimited play in four campaign missions and small Skirmish battles. All further content will be unlocked with a single in-app purchase. (discontinued)
- Star Hammer Tactics Preview
- Star Hammer Tactics Now Available for PC
- Strategy vs. Tactics in Video Games – A Small Essay
- Spaceward Ho! Arrives for the iPad !!
- Distant Star: The First 4X Space Game Built Specifically for iOS