The Sins Rebellion beta as begun. To have access to the beta you need to pre-order the game. It seems like you can pre-order from anywhere you want. Stardock store, Impulse, Steam, it doesn’t matter. Word from Stardock is that after you’ve “pre-ordered, watch your e-mail for your order receipt with your Steam CD-Key and download information.” Stardock add that “for existing registered Trinity/Diplomacy customers the price is $29.95 for a limited time; for new customers it’s $39.95”.
In this first beta release (BETA 1):
- Updated graphics engine with self-shadowing ships, up to 16X anisotropic filtering and more.
- Updated weapon effects.
- All the new technologies and balance of the TEC factions.
- Construct the mighty TEC Loyalist Ankylon and TEC Rebel Ragnarov titans.
- The new TEC Corsev battlecruiser capital ship and Stilat/Shriken corvettes.
- Steam support for achievements, friends, game invites, automatic updates and more.
- New ship movement system and performance optimizations.
- and lots more! (~Stardock)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – Video Preview and Beta Starting News
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Review
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced
- More Details on Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – First Trailer (Cinematic), Pre-Order Discount and Release Date “News”