I renamed this 2K Games’ video title from “Taking the Lead” to “The Love for X-COM” because that’s what I felt in that guy (Jake Solomon, XCOM: Enemy Unknown lead designer) when talking about X-COM: UFO Defense (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown), the classic game where they got the inspiration from to make this new reimagined sequel. Jake talks about where did he and his team started from to make this new title and what particularly excites him about it. He also talks about how the game was a life-changing experience for him, that drove him to be where he is now.
Being a huge fan of the original X-COM games myself I can really identify with what he’s talking about. The way he talks about the gamer’s challenge and the feeling that your small victories really mattered because you couldn’t get your men back. There’s no way he could be faking this kind of thing. We have the lead designer’s love for the game, that’s for sure. Now, that can’t be a bad thing right?Subscribe RSS
Leave a Comment
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Now Available for iOS
- X-COM vs XCOM: The Learner Meets the Master and Hero
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown “Casualties of War” Trailer and Gameplay Session with the Devs
- The Concept Art of XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Announced – Original X-COM Series