Amplitude Studios announced that they will go Beta for Endless Space next Monday (4th June 2012) at the end of the day on Steam. So, I believe they mean end of day in France’s (Amplitude’s HQ) time.
So, apparently, you have until this next Sunday to benefit from the 25% off on full price promotion during alpha pre-ordering.
The beta will include the following new features (on top of many bugs and other changes since the first alpha):
- 8 playable factions: previous 5 plus the Amoeba, Sowers and the Pilgrims (art work above)
- Multiplayer enabled! You’ll be able to play against 7 other players online
- German and French languages
- Achieving the first version of the multiplayer
- Completing the last 3 playable factions (art, gameplay)
- Improving the diplomatic system (better feedback, better attitude behavior)
- Tweaking the game parameters and content to improve the gameplay flow and depth
- Fixing many bugs
- Including some of the community requested improvements (they didn’t say which at this point but they promised a long list of changes a few hours before the release – squeezing all you can, right guys?)
Amplitude is now aiming final game release “around July”. They didn’t want to advance a firm date (clever of them). They said that “the final date will depend on when we’ll be fully satisfied by the game”. Good. I remember that the publisher, Iceberg Interactive, announced a retail release date for 24 August 2012 by the way. So, you have some time :)
Then, they end the beta announcement with an intriguing teaser statement: “For us, the release is the just the beginning for Endless Space… definitely not the end!” ~Amplitude Studios
So, if you didn’t pre-order yet, and are planning to buy this game, I think this weekend would be a good timing for that. 25% off is still much more than a couple of beers :) Here is our hands-on preview for you to have a close look at it.Subscribe RSS
- Endless Space Pre-Orders Next Week
- Endless Space Releases on the 4th of July!
- Endless Space Giveaway Contest – 10 Emperor Edition Keys! [CLOSED]
- Endless Space Pre-Orders Open On Steam
- Amplitude Studios Signed with Iceberg for Endless Space !