Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen space combat simulator ended its crowd funding campaign and established a new crowd funding record, after Obsidian Entertainment’s Project Eternity title.
“I am absolutely elated by the incredible outpouring of support for this project,” said Roberts. “It’s clear that space sim fans have just been waiting for a game like ours to come along and rekindle some of the excitement that’s been missing from PC games and the space sim genre. With the resources that our fans have provided, it means the team will be able to provide more features in Star Citizen and deliver an even better game.” ~Chris Roberts
Cloud Imperium, Roberts’ new game company, plans to have an early alpha of Star Citizen ready for backers at the end of 2013. Apparently, backers are still allowed to switch or upgrade their pledges and non-backers can still jump in, although “at slightly higher prices”.
Wing Commander’s father is back in business, big time! Check our small preview for more information on Star Citizen.Subscribe RSS
- Star Citizen Passes $20M and All Rendered In-Engine Trailer
- Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen Space Sim is “Good to Go”!
- Star Citizen: Chris Roberts New Game a Space Sim SP/MMO
- Kickstarters Update: Who Made It and… Who Didn’t – Part II
- Wing Commander Creator Chris Roberts Making New Game