Star Lords is a new turn-based space 4X game for the PC that is currently in the works by Neogen2 Creations. It’s part of the SpaceSector’s “Sci-Fi/Space Games You Can’t Miss in 2013” list, and its release date is set for Q2 2013.
Star Lords was announced in August 2012 with an initial release ETA for Q4 2012. By then, the devs made their game available for pre-orders. Star Lords looked promising at the time, and it was in fact quite playable, but it was clear that there was definitely still a lot of work to be done. We have a preview of that initial pre-order Alpha (v1.2).
However, after the game’s announcement, there was little to no feedback for a long time. This was in part due to logistical problems including lack of internet access by one of the main developers, and also due to website hosting problems.
But, today, Neogen2 released their new Star Lords Alpha build (v2.1). Among many fixes and further polishing, it includes the following major changes:
- New sound effects and music tracks
- New technologies and planet types
- Improved AI decision making
- Changing domestic policies now causes internal turmoil
- Added tutorial
- Added minor race interaction
- Added Intel/Missions info in-game
- Several UI improvements
See here for full release note.
- Now possible to zoom more
- Added more tutorial topics
- Added new technologies
- Added “Allied” and “Research” victory conditions
- Added several new random events
- Added new icons, panels and buttons
Here for full release note.
And now, some screenshots of the new build.
We’ll be doing another hands-on preview in the near future, most probably when they reach Beta.
But, if you want to jump in now, you can already pre-order the game. The devs state that if you do, you’ll “get the game 20% to 35% cheaper”. But, remember that this is still work in progress. I suggest that you at least read our alpha preview before deciding to buy.Subscribe RSS
Leave a Reply
- Star Lords Announced – A New Complex Space 4X TBS Game
- Star Lords: Alpha First Look Preview
- Endless Space: Alpha 2 Expected Today on Steam
- Endless Space Pre-Orders Next Week
- Beyond Beyaan: Alpha Footage Video & Progress Status