Sega and Gearbox Software released their new sci-fi first-person shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines, one of the games I included in SpaceSector’s “Sci-Fi/Space Games You Can’t Miss in 2013” list. Apparently, the media seems to be in full agreement that this is a title that you actually should miss. At least miss buying, but nothing stops you from having a look at it. It’s clear that a strong IP like Alien and a reasonably credited supplier aren’t guarantee of success, in fact no game in development ever is.
I admit that I’m only an occasional shooter kind of guy and I got carried away with the strong nostalgia effect, since Alien is one of my favorite if not the favorite science fiction universe of all time. Well, that was a complete miss. I have no first-hand information to give you but the overwhelmingly negative reception is quite glaring, just that you know. The Aliens seemed to have won this time. Will there be a rematch? Aliens: Colonial Marines is available on GamersGate, GameStop, Steam and GreenManGaming for $49.99.Subscribe RSS
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – New Competitive Multiplayer Mode
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – Tactical Multiplayer Trailer
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – New Trailer and Pre-Order Info
- XCOM 2 – E3 2015 First Gameplay Trailer
- Gearbox Software Acquires Homeworld IP in THQ Auction