11 bit studios announced Anomaly 2, the sequel to their 2011 released strategy game, Anomaly Warzone Earth.
“Anomaly 2 will deliver a hardcore real-time strategy experience with exceptional tactical variety, intense multiplayer and remarkable visuals.” ~11 bit studios
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that blends tower defense elements with the reversed concept of tower offence, something that I admit to not have heard before, but also can’t say to not make sense when you’re the attacker in this sort of game.
The game sets on a post-apocalyptic world following an invasion of Earth by alien machines. The anomaly, as it seems, is us, the former dominant species still struggling to survive on a now machine-controlled planet.
In terms of gameplay, the player seems to be the commander of a convoy, and you should be on-field supporting your troops in combat. But, there seems to be some sort of tactical planning element also. Well, this was what I could extract from the press release, but there’s more on gameplay below.
Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
- For more information, visit www.anomaly2game.com.
So, there’s a single-player campaign and multiplayer. And, in the latter you can play as the defending aliens or attack as the humans. Sounds interesting.
Anomaly 2 should come to PC, Mac and Linux in Q2 2013 for $14,99. Now, the announcement trailer.Subscribe RSS
- Artifact Red-X: Kinda Like X-COM But With Reversed Roles?
- Legends of Pegasus Screens [Updated]
- Tryst: A Fast-Paced Science Fiction RTS – New Trailer
- Gratuitous Tank Battles First Video Footage
- Legends of Pegasus Released