Rev3Games managed to put together Julian Gollop, co-author of X-COM: UFO Defense (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown) and Jake Solomon, lead designer of XCOM: Enemy Unknown to discuss X-COM and turn-based strategy gaming in general. In the line of our last post about Gollop’s presentation at GDC, this 17m long video is also pure delight to X-COM fans. The designers exchange opinions about both the original game and the new game in a friendly and relaxed way. Well, at least Julian seems relaxed :), Jake is very nervous in the beginning. But, who wouldn’t?
They also discuss turn-based strategy gaming in general. How the genre reached its pinnacle in the mid-90’s, with games like X-COM, Master of Orion, Master of Magic and others, and how these type of games were put in the backseat to real-time strategy games. A must see to X-COM fans and turn-based strategy gamers in general. Huge thank you to Rev3Games for finding a way to put these two gentlemen together.Subscribe RSS
- Julian Gollop’s X-COM: UFO Defense Postmortem at GDC
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Now Available for iOS
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Video – The Love for X-COM
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown “Casualties of War” Trailer and Gameplay Session with the Devs
- Space Sector Forums launched!