This has just came in. Stardock will release a DLC for its real-time space 4X game Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. It’s called “Forbidden Worlds” and will add new planet types, a planet specialization system, new technologies, planetary bonuses and additional Steam achievements.
- Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
- 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
- Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!
The new planet specialization system and the new planet bonuses sound particularly interesting. That should help increase depth and improve the role of planets further. The other features seem to be a bit more cosmetic though.
By the way, Stardock has released a beta patch (v1.50) for Sins: Rebellion in the beginning of May. According to Stardock, it should have addressed game balancing issues and improved the planet visuals, among others.
The Forbidden Worlds DLC will be available on GamersGate, GameStop, Steam and GameFly on June 5th for $4.99.Subscribe RSS
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New DLC Stellar Phenomena
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – First Trailer (Cinematic), Pre-Order Discount and Release Date “News”
- Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion: Beta Starts and Developer’s Video Preview. Leave Your Impressions…
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Patch v1.1 Adds More Maps
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Officially Out for the PC