Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Productions announced on the 21st of December 2010 the launch of the first developer diary for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter.
This will be a first in a series of articles made by the game developers, it outlines core differences between the original game and the sequel.
Read the Sword of the Stars II developer diary #1 in the Paradox Sword of the Stars 2 forum.
– Lead one of six playable factions, including a mysterious new race with influence that was felt throughout SotS I, as you strive for galactic dominance
– Unravel highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts and different space terrain
– Experience 4X space strategy in stunning new ways with the powerful MARS 2 graphics engine
– Design and build your own ships – including the formidable new Leviathan class – with new levels of detail, including specific sub systems, allowing for more fleet strategies and tactics
– Explore advanced technology systems as the game begins in the Fusion era and moves beyond the Anti-Matter era
– Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter offers an evolved version of the original six races from Sword of the Stars and its expansions. The game will reveal the deep, dark secret of the Suul’ka.
Boasting an all new graphics engine and incorporating new ship details that allow for new fleet strategies and tactics, Sword of the Stars II is poised to revive the 4X space genre and is scheduled for a 2011 release.Subscribe RSS
- Sword of the Stars 2: Opening Cinematic Sneak Peak
- Sword of the Stars 2: Lords of Winter are Coming…
- Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition Released
- Sword of the Stars 2: New Video Interview With Lead Designer / CEO Martin Cirulis at GDC
- Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition Announced