“Do you enjoy strategy videogames like X-COM? The powerful machines from Mechwarrior? Sci-fi universes as we’ve seen on Stargate? Black Talons gives you a bit from all of these, mixed up with real time tactics veterans in mind.” -Camel 101
So, a mercenary company lead by you as its commander, hired by a star system’s republic for an invasion defense job, gets stranded in a planet surrounded by the hostile invading force. From there you need to fight your way through for survival by doing contract missions. A Battlecruiser serves as base of operations, which can be upgraded with better weapons and intervene in the battlefield. This seems to be the plot that forms the basis for the campaign.
Then, you command different types of infantry units with specialized roles (Scout, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer and Sniper), with a skill tree per class. There’s also mechs, which can be equipped with laser cannons, chainguns and missile launchers.
Camel 101′s Black Talons proposal in a nutshell:
- Real-time tactics
- Military sci-fi setting (inspired by X-COM and Mechwarrior series)
- Upgradeable mechs and different types of infantry units with specialized roles
- Single-player campaign
- Windows, Mac, Linux
- ETA: July 2014
- Target: $100,000 (September 7th, 9:00am EDT)
- $20 pledge ($15 early bird), to get digital game copy; physical copy at $45 pledge
- Why Kickstarter: To cover the development expenses of the game (programming, 2D & 3D art, production, audio and QA).
Judging from the provided videos, the troops seem to just move around freely without seeking protection. But, there seems to be a cover system planned of some kind, judging by what the devs said in their first update. “The troops can and must take advantage of cover, which boosts the armor rating and accuracy. We’ll show this in detail in a future update.” -Camel 101
Camel 101 says that they’ve done a lot of pre-production work already (outline and design for the entire project). The team is composed by three people: a tech and engine expert, an artist for 3D art and special effects and a software engineer with managing responsibilities. Best of luck guys!Subscribe RSS
Leave a Reply
- Gemini Wars: Skirmish & Multiplayer And Now on Steam
- Gemini Wars: Gameplay Trailer
- Gemini Wars Has Gone Gold and is Ready for Pre-order!
- Gemini Wars – New Ships Unraveled – Alliance Carrier and Battleship
- Gemini Wars is Now Available for PC and Mac!